Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Friday, October 1, 2010

Weekend Trade: 10/1/10

My LCS had a small sale today , not the greatest deals but it didnt stop me from shopping. Im very ecstatic caz I found a very rare Wonder Woman graphic novel

The Runaways: True Believers(marvel) by Bryan K Vaughan , art: Alphoma                                    
 I've been putting this off for some time and its not the easiest book to find. So I figure lets finish the BK Vaughan run of Runaways.. vol.2 at the least. I love this series. I know it went astray after BKV left but i havent gotten there yet to judge so..

Sweet Tooth v.1 (vertigo) by Jeff Lemire                                                                                                 
 I keep hearing so much about Sweet Tooth. I thought Id check it out. Vertigo just keeps pumping out solid title and title , DC just went through massive cuts including shutting down Wildstorm entirely but Vertigo keeps rockin on.

Unwritten vol.1(vertigo) by Mike Carey , art: Peter Gross                                                                        
 Another title that gets talked about a lot and I wanted to check'er out. Im unfamiliar with both Carey and Gross' work which makes this even more intriguing

Red (wildstorm) by Warren Ellis , art: Cully Hamner                                                                                    
 I bought the prequel comics for the upcoming movie so I thought I read the original and see what the hub bub is about. Looking forward to this , you cant go wrong with a Warren Ellis title.


Wonder Woman the Hiketeia(2nd printing) by Greg Rucka                                                                 

 One of my favourite covers..ever. Which Im really choked now caz I just missed Greg Rucka at our last ComicCon 3 weeks ago. FUUUUUUUU   . This is a very hard and rare book to find. Its out of print for like 7 years so its quite the find when you do find it brand new.

----------------------------------------------------
summary: I have so much eye fucking to do. My eyes are going to fuck and get fucked hard.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot