Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Comic Book Day : 10/6/10

An awesome day except I still didnt get my Hack Slash #4!!!!

today's pull: Secret Six #26 , I Zombie #6 , Whispers in the Wall #3 , Baltimore Plague Ships #3 , Neonomicon #2 , SHIELD #4

1. Baltimore Plague Ships #3/5(darkhorse) by

  This series has been up and down for me , Ill finish the series caz I have to now but Im not sure if I would recommend this as a trade at this point.

2. Neonomicon #2/4(avatar) by Alan Moore , art: Jacen Burrows

   This is a NC-17 rated comic. There's sex , gay sex , rape and more sex and nudity.

 This issue kicks up a notch in the intensity and overall plot and as mentioned graphic tone. I felt the supernatural aspect was taking away from the story , I dont think they needed the Cthlulu in this.. it was a crazy issue.

3. I Zombie #6(vertigo) by
 The origin story of Were-Terrier , a nice quick little story thats still laying the foundation to this new series. It indeed looks like this will be a Scooby Doo-esq style of comic , but we're still aways from getting there.

4. Whispers in the Walls #3/6(humanoids) by David Munoz , art: Tirsol

  They shrinked the print to save money I guess , whatever helps complete the distribution of this book.

This picks up where it left off , we discover much more whom is behind this all and whats actually going on. We also see whom the mysterious figure whom killed Sarah's family was and further more.

This is a great take on the whole monsters and vampire lore story. 

I strongly recommend the trade when it comes out.

5. Secret Six #26(dc) by Gail Simone ,
Another balls to the wall , head chopping issue.

6. S.H.I.E.L.D. #4(marvel) by

summary:
My pick of the week: I Zombie #6

My letdown of the week: Baltimore Plague Ships

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot