Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Comic Book Update: Birds of Prey


Lazy sunday but there was no Chronicles of Narnia on so I picked up a couple comics. I figure since Im dropping a few titles I have room on my read/pull list to add a title. I added DC's 'Birds of Prey' #1 and #2 under their 'Brightest Day' run. I wasnt going to touch it but two things caught my attention , A) Gail Simone is the ass woop'n writer whom also does Secret Six the only DC title Im into and B) secondly BoP has been getting solid reviews. It just started so I figure lets get on board while the gett'n is good.

So far so good. Bottom line is Im hooked , I cant wait to see where this goes. I dont even really know the characters  but the action  and pacing is so great it keeps you glued to the pages. Dialogue and bantering is standard. The art is faptastic (Benes and Melo), love the frame of Huntress kicking cop in the face! check'er out...
Bad.Ass.


team members: Black Canary , Oracle , Huntress , Lady Blackhawk,  Hawk and Dove

recommend: Yes , its a kick your feet up and enjoy the ride kind of read.

noob friendly: yes  , I jumped on board and I dont feel horribly lost or confused. There are optional recommended reads from Gail Simone's BoP run from the previous volume that will help fill in any gaps. You can pick up via trade paperback. 


series: on going...

price: 2.99 , still readily available off the rack. You'll have to look a little deeper for #1 but its still out there I got mine today.

DC pull list:
Secret Six
Birds of Prey

drop list:
The Heralds marvel 
Age of Heros marvel

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot