Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Friday, June 4, 2010

Blog Update: 6/2/10


Jun.2/10 Vlog Ep.4 'Nerding Out' from Gord Locke on Vimeo.


I blog about my return into the world of comics. Which btw I know Ill get FAQ'ed 

how were you in the "industry" ? 
My brother use to own a comic shop between 93-96 Comic Creations on 41st and KNight. I was part of it of course. Well , being retailers we helped distribute comics and graphic novels therefore we were "part" of the "industry".

Why did you quit? 
like all my old hobbies caz I was in my early 20s and girls and booze was more important.


Did you try to get back into it at all?
Yes , 2004 , right before the release of Revenge Of The Sith I went to go buy General Grievous' comics but they were sold out so I didnt bother after that. 

What did you collect before? 
Marvel mainly but I wasnt even that dedicated. I was more into value collecting , I would buy comics in hope it goes up in value rather than just reading and enjoying a good comic book.

Did you read anything at all during your hiatus? 
Very little , but I did get into watching Justice League and Teen Titan cartoons. Absolutely loved them. I had a general knowledge of all the Super Hero movies.

What are you reading now?
read my blog and you'll see my pull list and such week to week. Right now Im catching up on a lot of back issues and titles for some graphic novels like Walking Dead , Runaways , Y The Last Man, ...etc I have a lifetime of material to catch up with. 

general comments:
    After a 15 year hiatus , I was thinking about getting back into comics caz I was caught up in the Avengers hype. so I wanted to read The Avengers. Well , it turns out the Avengers were relaunching 4 new series and a mini series right that week. I took that as a sign.. the week Secret Avengers #1 was released , Avengers #1 the week before.. I didnt think twice , I was at the comic book store the very next day to get me some comics and get back into this wicked shit.

I really miss the nerdyness of a comic store , its so awesome.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot