Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New Comic Book Day : 8/18/10

Next couple weeks will be slow , today is the slowest day I will ever see unless I quit. Today's pull: Chew #13 ,


1. Chew #13 (image) by John Layman , art: Robert Guilory

First off , this cover is fucking sweet daddy awesome! too bad its not Chu on it. Otherwise I would frame this faster than a spazzed out nimrod.

This was a fantastic issue , a couple laugh out loud moments , the plot thickens , the story is moving perfectly... what else can I say that everybody else is now realizing ? Chew is the goddamn shizznats. 


-------------------------------------------------------------------
Because of the slow week , here's IGN's latest article Top Indie comics

I totally agree with 1 and 2. Walking Dead and Chew... lovvvinnngg it *in gay broadway voice*
 , Im also enjoying Scarlet. I plan on collectin Locke and Key in trade.

  1.  The Walking Dead(image)
  2.  Chew (image)
  3.  Hellboy(dark horse)
  4.  Killer (archaia)
  5.  Casanova(icon)
  6.  Invincible (image)
  7.  Locke & Key (idw)
  8.  Scarlet (icon)
  9.  GI Joe: Cobra(idw)
  10. The Goon (dark horse)

Cant say enough about Chew and Walking Dead its all I talk about in comics. Im not the only guy going ape shit over this. CHECK IT OUT!!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot