Gord's Comic/Graphic Novel Blog

Reviews of graphic novels and comics

Friday, January 29, 2010

Review: Website WIX

When Geocities was cancelled I felt there was a huge hole in the market for a free , easy to use web builder and web host for casual users and noobs. Then I had just discovered WIX.com almost by fluke , I noticed the link another users webpage , clicked and I am here ... I tested it. Its pretty damn good. I will further test later on my Ubuntu to see if its Linux friendly but why wouldnt it be.

Here's my first sample webpage....
http://www.wix.com/gordy90210/Gordylocke


Wix.com

its free , its WYSIWYG and its full flash!

Pros: Everything. You can embed YOutube , upload pics and music , you can install Paypal if you want a small business web , ...etc Absolutely amazing. The more I screw around with this website the more I fall in love with it.

Superb control panel for web tools , many many toys to play with. It also has more advanced settings if you're an experienced web builder and want to custom set your page. Definitley its noob friendly.

Who would I recommend this for: anybody. Personal web , informational , educational , small business ,..etc I cant say enough.

Cons: Nothing. Its a fair system , you want a full URL and no WIX ad bar ,then pay. The free version is pretty damn good.

You only get 500mb storage space , though considering Geocities offered 15mb per account , this could also be viewed as a "pro". 500mb is great for starters and 1gb bandwidth , which is good for public/private sites with casual traffic.


RATINGS: 9.5/10.. I mean I don't even know why I penalized them .5 for a free web host , website , web builder... its simply amazing and I'm ecstatic this website exist. Its exactly what the market needs , a new "geocities". I guess the one thing is their own ad at the bottom but its bloody free , what do you expect? I wouldn't have found this site if not for that free ad at the bottom of another user. They have typical paid accounts to eliminate the ad and get a personal URL and more space(which isnt as big of a deal as it use to be)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My name is Gord and I blog comic and graphic novel reviews for Horror Happy Hour. Im just a passionate fanboy since the glorious 80s. Im not a writer as you can tell with my butchering of the engrish language just love geeking it up with comics. Horror Happy Hour is a devoted group of horror enthusiasts started on Facebook , website to come.. and I do the comics commentary. Woot woot